To create recognition and identity of your product or service in the market there is a need for online presence. For online presence, you must start a website, as we are all in the world of digitalization. Digital media is doing wonders to reach millions, and for this, the first requirement is to build a website. Are you wondering how to create a website? Or perhaps you are wondering how long it will take to build a website and what the costs will be? Look no further, because this article will provide you with the answers to these questions and more!
Building a website can take some time, as different tools are required for best results. Also, the time to build a website depends on the kind of website you require. A single-page website can be started in a day, but coding a multi-page website will take weeks. Building a website involves different processes, such as website development, content management, optimization of the site, and maintenance. You must ensure that a lot of time is not consumed for building, testing and deploying a website, as this leads to fall in business, as your competitors will pull all the customers.
Website Development Process
Usually, a website development process has different development phases and each phase has a specific timeline. Designing of a website can be done by professionals who are experienced in this field. The professionals are known for CSS, HTML, Java, PHP and other programming languages that help to deliver the end result. It is your decision to decide on the right platform for your website.
Website development phase follows basic steps like:
- Planning, research and selection- This phase can take a time period of one week to one month, as firstly you need to select a developer. A simple website with a single page can be started quickly but for a multipage website you need to do research and make different selections that can take weeks. Depending on your budget and time you must look for a reliable organization that can deliver you the best results.
- Deciding for the platform- You will decide on the platform according to your requirements that will be needed to build your website. You have the option of website builders, manual coding of a website, or a CMS. The platform you choose for your website will also determine the amount of time it will take to build it.
- Communication and goals- This phase can take 1 to 3 weeks. Communication should be clear, as you can either let the developer take the decisions according to your requirements or else you can provide a brief about your requirements. You need to be very clear about your goals that you want to achieve, as this will give a clear image to the developer about your requirement.
- Action plan- This phase takes one to two weeks, and it is important that you are clear about your goals. Developers will provide different action plans, and you can choose one that is realistic and suitable for your needs. If you are not satisfied with the plan, you can offer your suggestions for improvement.
- Mockups and feedback- This phase will take two to three weeks of time. Mockups give you a realistic experience of your final website product. Just like wireframes, which give you a clear understanding of the placement of text, images, buttons, and other elements on a website. This mockup is good for your feedback, as you can evaluate whether the website is designed according to your requirements. In case changes are necessary, they can be done, and usually take a few weeks.
- Intensive development- This phase takes more time, around 1-2 months, as it deals with in-depth development. The mockup that has been finally approved by you will now be converted into a functional website by the developer. The complexity of the website will determine the actual time that is required. Developers will keep you updated from time to time about the development, and you can look into the site in detail when it is offline, as some issues arise online which become difficult to handle; this is often because they were overlooked. Changes that include additions and deletions take time to complete this process.
- Reviewing- This phase will take around two weeks, as the website is now available for your review. Website design, testing, and optimization have been completed, and the developer is ready with your end project, waiting for your review.
Just to Remember before launching a website
You will also have to work on the content of your website according to the search engine optimization techniques. Testing and debugging need to be done meticulously before launching the website. It is important to mention here that reviewing is not the end, as after some time you will feel the requirement for updation on your site according to the market trends. Continuous updation and implementation will be an integral part of the website maintenance to meet the demands of the competitive digital world.
A professional developer who can provide both upfront and long term services for your smooth website operations shall be the right choice for your website project. So, in a nutshell it can be said that to build a good website there is approximately a requirement of 5-6 months.
Quick Sum Up!
In this digital world if you want your product or service to sustain and survive then you must build a website. To give a professional touch you can go for the long process of building a website via means of a professional developer. In case you have a limited budget and time, you can opt for CMS tools. Remember to focus on the presentation of the website, design, content, and optimization. Additionally, regularly check your website once it has been built; this will help with website maintenance and survival.
Share this article
Post a Comment