There is no doubt about it: technology keeps changing, and it has the ability to make things easier for humans. Website development is the need of every business nowadays and for this, the content management system (CMS) is an ideal software platform. There are so many CMS options available nowadays that allow the user to create a perfect website without understanding any code. The only struggle, a user experience is to decide on the best CMS platform. Well! The answer to this is your need, it is your business need that decides the CMS platform that shall meet your requirement. It is worth mentioning that recent data shows that more than 63.6 million live websites are using CMS software on the web.
How to decide on the best CMS platform to run a website?
When so many CMS platforms are available, it can be difficult to decide on the ideal one. When choosing the CMS platform for your website, keep in mind these features: user management, security, file uploading, scalability, and customization.
- The CMS you choose should provide you with a good range of website design templates.
- It should allow you to customize the designs according to your needs, without having to write code.
- The platform should help with easy data portability, for which it shall have tools to transport data.
- It should help you with SEO-friendly content while providing out-of-the-box solutions.
- Help and support services must be offered by the CMS provider to facilitate the handling of CMS software.
- For extensions or add-ons, you can go for an additional software option that can be installed on the CMS software for better features.
- It should be easy to use and shall make the quick deployment.
- It shall allow and support multiple users.
What is the Cost of CMS software?
Well, costing is the major part, as every business/organization has a specific budget. To serve the requirements of different clients, CMS platforms are available at different prices. Some are free, while others are chargeable. In the case of free CMS software, you need to make payments for designs, web hosting services, and third-party extensions, whereas, for chargeable platforms, you have to pay a monthly fee. You can get to know about the pricing before deciding on an ideal CMS platform.
Best CMS Web Development platforms to upgrade your Business
Well! Here is a list of different CMS web development platforms before you so that you can decide on the best software platform that fits your business. Some of the leading CMS options available in the market, used by different businesses, are-
- Joomla- It is a free open-source CMS platform available with different templates and extensions. There is no requirement for a domain name or hosting. A report shares that Joomla is powering 1.72% of the websites. Joomla supports 1,662,593 live websites with a market share of 2.6%. It is a good option for beginners, as it offers plenty of options to support website creators.
- Weebly-If you have a requirement to build and run an interactive and scalable website, blog or online store then this CMS software platform is the right option. Presently Weebly handles 1,040,819 live sites with a market share of 1.6%.
- Squarespace-Professionals looking for a creative platform to share their portfolios should try this CMS platform. It is being used for its flexible layouts, customized color palettes, and Google and Typekit fonts. It supports approximately 2.9 million websites and has a market share of 4%.
- Duda-To run a complete business with a powerful CMS platform, you must go for this CMS software. It is known for its powerful web design services and high performance, serving the requirements of businesses of different sizes. Duda has a market share of 1.1%, supporting approximately 705,120 live sites.
- Jimdo- Earlier, to construct a website, there was a need for website knowledge, but Jimdo makes it easy for users to create their own customized websites. This CMS platform is designed in an easy way to help users design their own site without any knowledge of website design. Currently, it is supporting approximately 4,86,843 live sites while having a market share of 0.76%.
- Wix- It provides the option of a drag-and-drop interface so that users can easily create HTML 5 web pages. Although this CMS platform is user-friendly, it still has some limitations; for instance, you can't change the template once chosen. To run an eCommerce store, there is a requirement to upgrade your plan; it has a market share of 7.17%, and supports approximately 4,565,423 live websites.
- Blogger-Since 1999, this platform has been considered the best for blogging because of its easy-to-use interface, while being a free service offered by Google. Blogs can be quickly set up using this platform, but it is not an ideal CMS platform, as it does not have eCommerce features and cannot support a business. It has a market share of 1.05% and supports around 672,560 live websites.
- WordPress-A perfect CMS platform that offers all that you need for your business. It allows you to run an online forum, a marketplace, LMS, an eCommerce store and much more. Small to large businesses can build quality websites with WordPress development. It has a market share of 44.29% and supports around 28,183,568 live websites.
- Drupal- It is an open-source CMS platform that targets developers, agencies, and marketers. It is a perfect option to develop a customized and dynamic website that is easy to use, can be customized, and is secure and cost-effective. Examples of business sites using Drupal are UNICEF and Pinterest. It has a market share of 1.03%, and it supports over 500,000 websites across the globe.
- Shopify- A perfect one in all CMS platforms that provides a drag-and-drop interface. Perfect for supporting in-store sales, making it a leader in the eCommerce space. Online retailers can easily set up and manage their stores with minimal effort. It has a market share of 4.4%, with 3.7 million live websites.
So, you have a wide range of options for CMS platforms available in the market, and now you know the pros and cons of every CMS option. You need to decide on the best CMS platform that suits your requirements so that you can easily manage your online website/business.
Share this article
Post a Comment