Technology has become an integral part of every business, and similarly, it is making changes in the healthcare sector. The latest healthcare software development trends are giving a new shape to the healthcare industry, completely changing the way patients are approached. Technology advancements are giving a high-tech look to the healthcare sector, enabling patients to receive the best possible treatment and care.
Years ago, telemedicine was only thought about, but now it has become an integral part of the health sector, and patients also feel satisfied with it. During the pandemic, the healthcare sector was under great pressure and adopted new digitalized technology to treat and counsel the patients as the only solution. There was a complete shift in the methodology of treating patients, which was well-accepted by both medical professionals and patients alike.
Mobile Apps in Healthcare
Mobile apps are helpful for the healthcare sector, as they make the workflow easier for healthcare professionals and patients. Mobile apps are designed in such a way that they facilitate communication, saving a lot of time. Paper work has also been cut down and this reduces the manual efforts of the medical professionals, as mobile apps ensure quick delivery and safety of the information. Whether you want to book an appointment, reschedule an appointment, go for blood tests or receive the reports, all the activities are possible via mobile app. Mobile app services are doing the best for the healthcare sector to provide the best medical facilities to the patients.
Apart from mobile apps, AI- driven apps, virtual assistance apps and telemedicine apps are also playing an important role in the health sector.
Research by Grand Review predicts that the market size of the global healthcare IT sector will reach USD 142.7 billion by the year 2022, with a CAGR of 17.9%. The healthcare industry will make use of the latest technologies, such as AI, ML, blockchain, telemedicine, IoT devices, and other technologies, to see remarkable growth.
Top Healthcare Software Development trends in 2023
The latest software developments in the healthcare sector will surely mark the evolution of digital health solutions. The year 2023 can be a turning point for this industry if it makes use of the latest healthcare software development trends like-
- Blockchain- This technology is exceptionally known for its improved data security and accuracy, which is essential for the health sector. Medical histories and personal details of patients are secure with blockchain technology. This technology is good for managing electronic records and drug systems. Applications developed with blockchain technology will be a turning point for this industry, as it will be cost-effective, efficient, and quick.
- AR-VR- Augmented reality and Virtual reality technologies can be equally beneficial for the healthcare sector and this technology is being used by several medical centers. Medical research can be conducted by this technology, which is beneficial for medical students. Patients can look forward to a quick recovery due to this technology, and it also helps them to manage anxiety and stress disorders. Patients can also learn about the nutritional values of the food they consume through this technology. Medical images, such as X-rays, can be scanned by this technology, which helps professionals make the right decisions.
- RPM- RPM is Remote Patient Monitoring, and it is an innovative technology that allows for monitoring of a patient from a distance. Healthcare professionals find this technique to be beneficial for elderly people who are unable to visit in-person, but still need to be monitored in a timely manner. Remote monitoring has been an integral part of the health sector during the pandemic and is now being followed routinely. RPM helps in the monitoring of BP, sugar levels, and other body parameters, as a slight drift in any recording quickly intimates the medical professional.
- IoT or IoMT- Internet of Things and Internet of Medical Things are giving a new shape to the health sector. This technology is a network of medical equipment connected to the Internet, alongside other devices used for diagnosis and monitoring. IoT devices are connected to medical devices in the home, and remote monitoring enables medical professionals to diagnose patients. Patients at long distances can get the best quality treatment in a short period of time.
- Nanomedicine - It is an application of nanotechnology used in medicine for delivery of drugs, diagnosis and regeneration of damaged tissues/organs. Nanotechnology is extremely helpful in diagnostic imaging, as it is used to create nanosensors. It is also used to treat various diseases, such as cancer and HIV. Nanomedicine also covers regenerative medicine, helping researchers to create new therapies and treatments for repairing and regenerating damaged tissues and organs. New tools and therapies will be a great development in the medical industry, helping to overcome major health challenges.
- AI and ML- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are the latest buzz in the world of technology and these two technologies are not only helping the patients but also the healthcare systems. AI can easily and quickly handle large amounts of data while maintaining the privacy of the patients. Complex tasks can be handled quickly and without any errors. Virtual bots formed from AI and ML help to communicate with patients and answer all their questions.
- Telemedicine- During the pandemic, telemedicine became the best option for medical help and guidance. This technology provided virtual care to patients across the globe via means of mobile apps, video calling or any other electronic device. Quick care is provided to the patients at low costs.
- Wearables- The devices that help patients to know about their body parameters, such as BP, sugar, heartbeat, and pulse, fall under the category of wearables. Patients can wear the device to get readings, which helps them to monitor their health on a regular basis. Not only can health care centers use wearables, but individuals can also use them at home for regular monitoring.
- Telepsychiatry-Video calling and messaging are integral parts of telepsychiatry, utilizing these technologies to provide mental health services. The biggest advantage of this technology is that it reduces the pressure of mental health care on a patient, allowing them to more easily manage mental health challenges.
- Cloud Computing-Having an internet connection is the basic requirement for using cloud computing technology. This technology helps organizations to access data from anywhere in the world, given they have an internet connection. This helps in quick access of data while maintaining data security.
- Clinical Automation- Automation technology, such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation), can be beneficial for the healthcare sector, as it can automate administrative processes. It will smoothen the functioning and create less pressure on the staff while providing a good patient experience. Claims, appointment fixing, and billing are some tasks that can be automated for quick functioning of the health sector.
Healthcare sector is one of the most important sectors, as it deals with patients. To provide the best treatment services to patients, it must utilize the latest healthcare software development technologies. Automating the processes will save a lot of time and make the tedious work easy for the staff, while providing the best quality health care services to patients. Sooner or later, emerging technologies will completely become an integral part of the healthcare industry, providing the best services.