Change is important with time and this applies to technology as well. All those who feel that their eCommerce platform is not performing well and requires switching over to a new platform shall find it worth reading this information. If your eCommerce platform is facing a lot of limitations like slow performance, low speed, fewer features, and issues with security and hosting then you must migrate to a new eCommerce platform that provides enhanced features for the best user experience. Migration to a new eCommerce platform is usually done to scale up the business to new levels and for this, there are different eCommerce platforms available. Business owners usually face a dilemma to decide on an ideal eCommerce platform. Although there are several options available migrating on re-platforming to Shopify would be a wise decision.
Why Migrating to Shopify is an Ideal Decision?
Several reasons justify migration of the eCommerce platform to Shopify-
- One of the easy-to-use platforms is Shopify.
- The time and effort required to maintain the store is simply minimal.
- There is a wide range of mobile responsive themes available that provides a wider choice.
- For management of the store, you need not have good technical knowledge.
- In terms of security, Shopify assures the best security measures.
- Businesses of any size can use Shopify as an eCommerce platform.
- Customer support is provided 24*7 and this is good for the users.
- You can explore different ranges of Shopify apps.
- Shopify is a cost-effective platform in terms of maintenance cost.
Important things to be Considered Before Migrating to Shopify
Shopify is a perfect eCommerce platform for migration but you need to keep certain things in mind before migrating to this platform like-
Shopify plugins- Using Shopify plugins will help you to re-platform data from the present to the new platform. You can come across a wide range of Shopify plugins that will save your time during migration.
Blog posts/articles- Moving blogs and articles while re-platforming to Shopify causes a problem but this can be done by using Shopify store tools. Usually while moving blogs and articles there is a change in the SEO ranking and you need to keep a check on this.
URL redirects- The most important thing that you need to remember before migrating to the new Shopify platform is that you must automate the URL redirects to ensure that none of the pages show a 404 error. Crawling the current website is important, as it will help you in comparing the URL while saving the SEO benefits as well. Checking of URL redirects should be done meticulously.
Back-end integrations- You need to ensure that apps, themes, and third-party integration that supports the overall sales and performance are well supported by Shopify. All kinds of back-end integrations are important and must be supported by Shopify to avoid any kind of loss. To get customized functions developed you must use Shopify app development services. Checking for the compatibility of the tools and plugins is an important feature that needs to be considered before migrating to Shopify. To overcome any error during the migration process you must look for a techy professional who can easily handle this process.
Passwords of the customers- When you switch to Shopify there is no more a requirement for customer passwords and this can affect customers and user experience. Passwords are encrypted so they cannot be migrated rather migration of customer records can be done. Sending messages to the users to set new passwords can be done.
Price plans- On a monthly basis you can come across four major price plans- Basic, Shopify model, Advanced, and Shopify Plus model. You can use basic features in the basic plan and the features vary and increase according to the plans. Depending on the features available in different plans the price of the plan varies.
Customer support service- With re-platforming, you need to think about customer support and service. Shopify platform provides 24*7 support to solve queries via means of online chat, email, or phone call.
Protocol-independent assets- Theme files and images are some of the store assets that can easily be imported to the newly migrated platform provided they are protocol-independent. This can be done only if you remove protocols from URLs like http: and https:
How to Migrate to Shopify?
Two ways can be used for migration to Shopify-
- Shopify migration to be done manually- All those who don’t have technical knowledge will find this way of migration to be tedious and time-consuming. This method of migration provides you with better security but at the same time, it has a high risk of errors and requires a lot of manual effort.
- Using the Import Shopify app for migration- You need to follow certain steps to ensure that your data is completely migrated to the new platform. This method saves a lot of time, as it requires less human effort. You need not pay any fees and so it is economical. Importing of data is done one by one and this method supports only six major source carts. Also, importing all the products is not possible, as some importing needs to be done manually.
Top Platforms to Migrate to Shopify
Some of the platforms that are usually asked by the customers for migrating to Shopify are-
- OpenCart to Shopify
- Magento to Shopify
- WooCommerce to Shopify
- PrestaShop to Shopify
How to Perform the Best Shopify Migration?
If you cannot perform the Shopify Migration on your own then you must get in touch with a professional company that provides you the best Shopify replatforming service. You are not an expert in this field so you cannot expect the best results but the company shall provide you the best Shopify replatforming services to meet your requirements. You can certainly grow your store to new levels by investing less time and manual effort.
Among different platforms, Shopify is a robust platform that provides various features to meet the requirements of business owners. All you need to consider is to take certain precautions that will help in safe migration to the new Shopify platform. You will soon experience the changes in your business after migration.