Over a period of time, we have seen a cold war between both platforms. From developers to businesses, all are over them. But why do we need this tug-of-war?
Both Spree & Magento are different CMS platforms and offer different features. Based on their differences and the kind of website a customer wants, it becomes easy to choose from the two.
So, What’s the difference!
Owned by First Data, this open-source eCommerce framework is market-proven, rich in functionalities and has an active community dedicated to make this platform better day by day.
- Build and maintain your online store with features like re-usable components, quick product listing, wishlists, etc.
- For brands looking for flexible, quick and affordable eCommerce, then Spree Commerce development is a viable choice.
- Spree platform is built with Ruby on Rails, hence you need to hire spree commerce developers in creating & deploying your website.
- Flexible payment methods.
- Microservices & Integration Support with REST API1, REST API2, and GraphQL.
- The platforms allow easy configuration of social media platforms & SEO support.
- Better customizable solutions to create an ideal store for brands/businesses.
- 3rd party payment gateway integrations and multi-vendor marketplace.
- Control the functionalities, architecture and run a scalable & future-proof store.
- Extensive support package with Ruby on Rails community offering its dependable support.
- Powerful back-end admin module which is light, fast, and flexible.
- Multi-site Architecture
- Flexible and Responsive Storefront Designs
- Comprehensive API
- Open Source Community & Training and Support
- Country-Specific Payments
- Reports & Analytics Dashboard
- Product Configuration
- Customization Options
Now owned by Adobe, this e-commerce platform offers amazing features and tools. It offers enough flexibility to configure stores of your choice.
- Customize the back-end of your website and manage inventory & website content.
- Create a website that is compatible with both mobile and desktop. Possibility to search your store based on category, price and even color.
- Avail unlimited extensions built by the Magento community - vouchers, discounts, reviews etc.
- Integrate payment gateway, handle returns, send newsletters and emails.
- It offers Digital marketing tools like promotions based on demography, product reviews, SEO recommendations and more.
- Hire Magento developers who are proficient in the language & the techniques to create your website.
- Personalize the usability of the online store and shopping cart with Magento SOAP v2 API. Test & implement new tools, and manage sales, orders, products, category, and customers.
- Create Native apps for both Android & iPhone devices.
- Segregate & send various offers and content to your audience based on their buying patterns, shopping carts, and their activity. Send coupons and discounts with emails & newsletters.
- Create Seo-friendly URLs, meta descriptions, meta keywords, google site map, etc.
- With secured data encryption, keep all the transactions safe. The platform supports an ample amount of transaction due to its constant bandwidth and full-page caching.
- Web Designing
- Shopping Cart
- Product & Order Management
- Multiple Websites
- Mobile Commerce
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Customer Service
- Marketing, Analytics & Reports
There’s more to Spree & Magento other than their age-old war. Both the platforms stand strong with what they have to offer. It’s all a matter of choice that is dependent on what kind of website needs to be created.
If you feel that we have a missed a point or two, feel free to let us know about them.
Read More Related Blogs!
Spree Vs Magento Vs Shopify
Your Absolutely Amazing Multi-Vendor Marketplace by Spree Commerce
Right E-Commerce Platform for Your Online Store - SpreeCommerce